This paper is an output of the International Growth Centre (IGC). Niaz Asadullah gratefully acknowledges additional support from the Leverhulme Trust UK. This study does not necessarily reflect the views of the World Bank or the governments they represent. We are grateful to Nigar Hashimzade and Mark Guzman for guidance and advice and Danny Cohen-Zada for an informed discussion of the issues surrounding the paper. We would like to thank Zihad Hassan who managed the survey work with utmost professional competence. Lastly, we would also like to thank seminar participants at Reading University, participants at the 2011 Association for the Study of Religion, Economics and Culture (ASREC) Conference, the 11th UKFIET International Conference on Education and Development (September 2011), and the IGC seminar in Dhaka (March 2012) for their helpful comments on an earlier version of the paper. The usual disclaimers apply.
WHAT DETERMINES RELIGIOUS SCHOOL CHOICE? THEORY AND EVIDENCE FROM RURAL BANGLADESH
Article first published online: 24 JAN 2013
© 2013 The Authors. Bulletin of Economic Research © 2013 Blackwell Publishing Ltd and the Board of Trustees of the Bulletin of Economic Research.
Bulletin of Economic Research
How to Cite
Asadullah, M. N., Chakrabarti, R. and Chaudhury, N. (2013), WHAT DETERMINES RELIGIOUS SCHOOL CHOICE? THEORY AND EVIDENCE FROM RURAL BANGLADESH. Bulletin of Economic Research. doi: 10.1111/j.1467-8586.2012.00476.x
** [The author affiliation was modified after the first online publication on January 24, 2013].
- Article first published online: 24 JAN 2013
- Leverhulme Trust UK
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!