The research was supported in part by NSF grant no. BNS 82–08904 to the third author. Portions of this work were reported at the meeting of the Society for Research in Child Development, Baltimore, April 1987. We are indebted to Peter Ornstein and his colleagues for executing the hierarchical clustering programs on the data reported in Experiment 1. We thank Caryn Greenstein and Felice Ohrlich for assistance in data collection and analysis and Laura Nelson for drawing the pictures for Experiment 3. We are grateful to the students and teachers who participated for their generous contributions to the research.
Taxonomic Knowledge: What Kind and When?
Article first published online: 28 JUN 2008
Volume 63, Issue 4, pages 978–998, August 1992
How to Cite
Lucariello, J., Kyratzis, A. and Nelson, K. (1992), Taxonomic Knowledge: What Kind and When?. Child Development, 63: 978–998. doi: 10.1111/j.1467-8624.1992.tb01676.x
- Issue published online: 28 JUN 2008
- Article first published online: 28 JUN 2008
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!
Patients and/or caregivers may access this content for use in relation to their own personal healthcare or that of a family member only. Terms and conditions will apply.