This work was supported by an award from the W. K. Kellogg Foundation through the Presidential Initiatives Fund of the University of Michigan and by NICHD grant HD-23378 and NSF grant 9100348 to Gelman, and by NSF grant 8705444 and AFOSR contract no. AFSOR-91-0265 to Smith. We thank Sue Rosner for making the typicality norms with children available to us, and Ellen Markman for insightful discussion of these issues. We are grateful to the children, parents, and teachers of the following schools: Bryant Elementary School, Pattengill Elementary School, St. Thomas Elementary School, Salem Evangelical Lutheran School, and the University of Michigan Children's Centers.
The Development of Category-based Induction
Version of Record online: 28 JUN 2008
Volume 63, Issue 5, pages 1070–1090, October 1992
How to Cite
López, A., Gelman, S. A., Gutheil, G. and Smith, E. E. (1992), The Development of Category-based Induction. Child Development, 63: 1070–1090. doi: 10.1111/j.1467-8624.1992.tb01681.x
- Issue online: 28 JUN 2008
- Version of Record online: 28 JUN 2008
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!
Patients and/or caregivers may access this content for use in relation to their own personal healthcare or that of a family member only. Terms and conditions will apply.