Preparation of this manuscript was supported by a grant to the first author from the Lilly Endowment. The study on which this report is based was supported by grants to Laurence Steinberg and B. Bradford Brown from the U.S. Department of Education through the National Center on Effective Secondary Schools at the University of Wisconsin-Madison, and to Sanford M. Dornbusch and P. Herbert Leiderman of the Stanford University Center for Families, Children, and Youth, from the Spencer Foundation.
Impact of Parenting Practices on Adolescent Achievement: Authoritative Parenting, School Involvement, and Encouragement to Succeed
Article first published online: 28 JUN 2008
Volume 63, Issue 5, pages 1266–1281, October 1992
How to Cite
Steinberg, L., Lamborn, S. D., Dornbusch, S. M. and Darling, N. (1992), Impact of Parenting Practices on Adolescent Achievement: Authoritative Parenting, School Involvement, and Encouragement to Succeed. Child Development, 63: 1266–1281. doi: 10.1111/j.1467-8624.1992.tb01694.x
- Issue published online: 28 JUN 2008
- Article first published online: 28 JUN 2008
Options for accessing this content:
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!