This research was supported by NICHD Grant 5 ROI HD21782 awarded to Craig Ramey, PI and Frances Campbell, Co-PI. The authors wish to thank Drs. Mark Everson, Barbara Boat, and Donna Bryant for consultation on the conceptualization of the study and Drs. Margaret Burchinal and Ronald Helms for assistance with data analysis. Without the tireless efforts of Lisa B. Lau, Katherine Polk, Carrie D. Bynum, and Marie Butts, this work would have been impossible. The merits of the study owe much to these individuals; its shortcomings and any factual errors are the responsibility of the authors. In particular, we want to express our appreciation to the early adolescents and their families who took part in the study.
Effects of Early Intervention on Intellectual and Academic Achievement: A Follow-up Study of Children from Low-Income Families
Article first published online: 28 JUN 2008
Volume 65, Issue 2, pages 684–698, April 1994
How to Cite
Campbell, F. A. and Ramey, C. T. (1994), Effects of Early Intervention on Intellectual and Academic Achievement: A Follow-up Study of Children from Low-Income Families. Child Development, 65: 684–698. doi: 10.1111/j.1467-8624.1994.tb00777.x
- Issue published online: 28 JUN 2008
- Article first published online: 28 JUN 2008
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
If your institution is a registered Wiley Online Library customer, you can log in under your institution's name to see our content. This access is provided by Shibboleth or Athens.
Type your institution's name in the box below. If your institution is a Wiley customer, it will appear in the list of suggested institutions.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!