This research was supported by a Rackham Faculty Grant from the University of Michigan to the first author. We gratefully acknowledge the children, teachers, and staff of the University of Michigan Children's Centers, Children's Playspace, and the Little Farm Preschool. We would like to thank Charles Kalish for helpful discussions of magic, Allison Gordon for research assistance, Andrea Backscheider and Stephen Silverman for statistical assistance, and Renee Baillargeon, Judy DeLoache, Lawrence Hirschfeld, Charles Kalish, Sarah Mangelsdorf, Kevin Miller, and four anonymous reviewers for providing helpful comments.
Seeing Is Believing: Children's Explanations of Commonplace, Magical, and Extraordinary Transformations
Version of Record online: 28 JUN 2008
Volume 65, Issue 6, pages 1605–1626, December 1994
How to Cite
Rosengren, K. S. and Hickling, A. K. (1994), Seeing Is Believing: Children's Explanations of Commonplace, Magical, and Extraordinary Transformations. Child Development, 65: 1605–1626. doi: 10.1111/j.1467-8624.1994.tb00838.x
- Issue online: 28 JUN 2008
- Version of Record online: 28 JUN 2008
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!
Patients and/or caregivers may access this content for use in relation to their own personal healthcare or that of a family member only. Terms and conditions will apply.