This research was supported by grants HD27042 and HD26982 from the National Institute of Child Health and Human Development awarded to the first author. We would like to thank the parents and children for their participation in this project. Sharon Forshee assisted us with data collection and reduction. Roberta Golinkoff, Bill Merriman, Mary Ann Romski, Michael Tomasello, and three anonymous reviewers provided thoughtful comments on a previous version of this manuscript.
Acquisition of the Novel Name–Nameless Category (N3C) Principle
Article first published online: 28 JUN 2008
Volume 65, Issue 6, pages 1646–1662, December 1994
How to Cite
Mervis, C. B. and Bertrand, J. (1994), Acquisition of the Novel Name–Nameless Category (N3C) Principle. Child Development, 65: 1646–1662. doi: 10.1111/j.1467-8624.1994.tb00840.x
- Issue published online: 28 JUN 2008
- Article first published online: 28 JUN 2008
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!
Patients and/or caregivers may access this content for use in relation to their own personal healthcare or that of a family member only. Terms and conditions will apply.