This research was supported by NICHD Postdoctoral Training grant no. HD07205 to the Department of Psychology at the University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign. The authors are grateful to Dorothy Black, Joelle Greene, and Audrey Wessler for help with coding and analyzing the speech data, and to Kathleen M. Cain for helpful comments on the manuscript. We thank the parents of the children who participated in the study and the teachers and administrators of the Lower School at the University of Chicago Laboratory Schools for their support. We also greatly appreciate the thoughtful comments of three anonymous reviewers.
Individual Differences in Achievement Goals among Young Children
Version of Record online: 28 JUN 2008
Volume 65, Issue 6, pages 1723–1743, December 1994
How to Cite
Smiley, P. A. and Dweck, C. S. (1994), Individual Differences in Achievement Goals among Young Children. Child Development, 65: 1723–1743. doi: 10.1111/j.1467-8624.1994.tb00845.x
- Issue online: 28 JUN 2008
- Version of Record online: 28 JUN 2008
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!
Patients and/or caregivers may access this content for use in relation to their own personal healthcare or that of a family member only. Terms and conditions will apply.