This investigation was supported by a grant from the National Center for Child Abuse and Neglect (No. 90-CA-1305). We wish to thank the New York State Department of Social Services, the Chemung County Department of Social Services, the Elmira City School District, and the staff of Glove House for their invaluable assistance with this project. We would also like to thank Pat Moran, Janice Kilburn, Maureen Smith, and Nancy Sherwood for their assistance with data collection and analysis, and Karl Pillemer and Phyllis Moen for helpful comments on an earlier draft. The data set from which this article is based is available for secondary analysis through the National Data Archive on Child Abuse and Neglect at Cornell University.
Mobility as a Mediator of the Effects of Child Maltreatment on Academic Performance
Article first published online: 28 JUN 2008
Volume 66, Issue 4, pages 1130–1142, August 1995
How to Cite
Eckenrode, J., Rowe, E., Laird, M. and Brathwaite, J. (1995), Mobility as a Mediator of the Effects of Child Maltreatment on Academic Performance. Child Development, 66: 1130–1142. doi: 10.1111/j.1467-8624.1995.tb00927.x
- Issue published online: 28 JUN 2008
- Article first published online: 28 JUN 2008
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!
Patients and/or caregivers may access this content for use in relation to their own personal healthcare or that of a family member only. Terms and conditions will apply.