The authors are grateful to John Duckitt, Martin Terre Blanche, and Peter Fridjhon for statistical advice and to Keith Nxumalo for assistance with the data collection. This article compares data collected in 1992 with those collected and published in the article entitled “Experiences of violence in the lives of township youth in ‘unrest' and ‘normal' conditions” (Turton et al., 1990). The data collected in 1992 were presented in an Honors dissertation completed by M. Mendelsohn under the supervision of G. Straker.
Violent Political Contexts and the Emotional Concerns of Township Youth
Article first published online: 28 JUN 2008
Volume 67, Issue 1, pages 46–54, February 1996
How to Cite
Straker, G., Mendelsohn, M., Moosa, F. and Tudin, P. (1996), Violent Political Contexts and the Emotional Concerns of Township Youth. Child Development, 67: 46–54. doi: 10.1111/j.1467-8624.1996.tb01718.x
- Issue published online: 28 JUN 2008
- Article first published online: 28 JUN 2008
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!
Patients and/or caregivers may access this content for use in relation to their own personal healthcare or that of a family member only. Terms and conditions will apply.