This research was supported by a grant from the Smith-Richardson Foundation to Lawrence Aber and by funds from private Lebanese donors to Mona Macksoud. We thank our colleagues at the Faculty of Health Sciences, American University of Beirut, especially Mary Deeb, Dolly Basil, Nehmat El-Ahmar, Rima Saliba, and Jahda Abou Khalil, for their support throughout the data collection phase of the research. We also thank our colleagues at Columbia University, especially Ilene Cohn, Robin Garfinkel, Paul Martin, Andrea Massar, Pam Morris, and Jane Spinak, and at other institutions, especially Neil Boothby, Atle Dyregrov, Magne Raundalen, and Elizabeth Marcelino, for their advice and support during the design and analysis phases of the research. We are very grateful to a number of past and current UNICEF officials who encouraged us to pursue science in the service of social action, especially Vesna Bosnjak, Clarence Shubert, and Agop Kayayan. Finally, very special thanks to all the principals, teachers, families, and children of Lebanon who participated in this study.
The War Experiences and Psychosocial Development of Children in Lebanon
Article first published online: 28 JUN 2008
Volume 67, Issue 1, pages 70–88, February 1996
How to Cite
Macksoud, M. S. and Aber, J. L. (1996), The War Experiences and Psychosocial Development of Children in Lebanon. Child Development, 67: 70–88. doi: 10.1111/j.1467-8624.1996.tb01720.x
- Issue published online: 28 JUN 2008
- Article first published online: 28 JUN 2008
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!
Patients and/or caregivers may access this content for use in relation to their own personal healthcare or that of a family member only. Terms and conditions will apply.