Support for this research was provided by NICHD grant F32 HD42860 to the first author. Special thanks to Paul Bloom, Fabrice Clément, Marc Hauser, and Itai Sher for helpful discussions and feedback on earlier presentations of the work. We also thank Suzanne Duke, Kathleen Corriveau, Wendy Mages, and Elisabeth Pasquini for help with the experimental stimuli as well as the children, parents, teachers, and staff of Newtowne Preschool, Soldier's Field Child Care Center, Auburndale Preschool, Botanical Gardens Child Care Center, and Somerville's Early Head Start Program.
Preschoolers Mistrust Ignorant and Inaccurate Speakers
Article first published online: 21 MAR 2005
Volume 76, Issue 6, pages 1261–1277, November 2005
How to Cite
Koenig, M. A. and Harris, P. L. (2005), Preschoolers Mistrust Ignorant and Inaccurate Speakers. Child Development, 76: 1261–1277. doi: 10.1111/j.1467-8624.2005.00849.x
- Issue published online: 21 MAR 2005
- Article first published online: 21 MAR 2005
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!
Patients and/or caregivers may access this content for use in relation to their own personal healthcare or that of a family member only. Terms and conditions will apply.