A portion of these data were presented at the biennial meetings of the Cognitive Development Society, October 2003, and at the International Conference on Infant Studies, May 2004. This research and preparation of this manuscript was made possible by National Institutes of Health Grants R01 HD36060 and R03 MH64020, and a University of Iowa College of Liberal Arts and Sciences Dean's Scholar Award. We would like to thank Ann Ellis and Les Cohen for their help with stimulus creation, and Kristine Kovack, Shannon Ross-Sheehy, Shaena Stille, and the undergraduates at the University of Iowa Infant Cognition lab for their help with the data-collection and coding phases of this project.
What Does It Look Like and What Can It Do? Category Structure Influences How Infants Categorize
Article first published online: 13 MAY 2005
Volume 76, Issue 3, pages 614–631, May 2005
How to Cite
Horst, J. S., Oakes, L. M. and Madole, K. L. (2005), What Does It Look Like and What Can It Do? Category Structure Influences How Infants Categorize. Child Development, 76: 614–631. doi: 10.1111/j.1467-8624.2005.00867.x
- Issue published online: 13 MAY 2005
- Article first published online: 13 MAY 2005
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!
Patients and/or caregivers may access this content for use in relation to their own personal healthcare or that of a family member only. Terms and conditions will apply.