This research was supported by grants from the National Institutes of Health (MH61559 and HD07489) and the University of Wisconsin. Special thanks to Inge Bretherton for her assistance with the Attachment Story Completion Task; to Mary Ann Eaton and Jackie McRae for facilitating recruitment of incarcerated mothers; to Robert Kindermann and Jennifer Park for assistance with data collection; to Katie Bjerke, Beth Huennekens, Teresa Clark, and Jenna Behm for transcribing and coding children's narratives; to Kristin Abrahamson and Rebecca Seifert for summarizing interview data; and to the children and families who generously gave of their time to participate in the study.
Representations of Attachment Relationships in Children of Incarcerated Mothers
Version of Record online: 13 MAY 2005
Volume 76, Issue 3, pages 679–696, May 2005
How to Cite
Poehlmann, J. (2005), Representations of Attachment Relationships in Children of Incarcerated Mothers. Child Development, 76: 679–696. doi: 10.1111/j.1467-8624.2005.00871.x
- Issue online: 13 MAY 2005
- Version of Record online: 13 MAY 2005
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!
Patients and/or caregivers may access this content for use in relation to their own personal healthcare or that of a family member only. Terms and conditions will apply.