This work was supported by grant HD26026 from the National Institute of Child Health and Human Development and the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality, by grants MCJ 429414 and T73 MC 00036-04 from the Maternal and Child Health Bureau, and by gifts from GlaxoSmithKline and Pfizer Inc. The following individuals provided valuable assistance in the study: Tracy L. Balentine, RN; Beverly S. Bernard, RN, BS; Kathleen A. Cecotti, BS; Sharon A. DiBridge, BS; Irene A. Fabian, CRNP; Nancy J. Guerra, CRNP; Toni L. McKeever; Evelyn S. Palochak, RN; Dayna L. Pitcairn, MA; Karen S. Pourboghrat, BA; Robin E. Rice, BS; Diane L. Sabo, PhD; Joan E. Schiebel, RN; Clyde G. Smith, MS; and Ida Smith. We are indebted to the practicing pediatricians who participated in executing the study and to the parents who completed the questionnaires. We also are grateful to Larry Fenson and the late Elizabeth Bates for helpful consultation regarding the MacArthur-Bates Communicative Development Inventories.
Concurrent and Predictive Validity of Parent Reports of Child Language at Ages 2 and 3 Years
Article first published online: 14 JUL 2005
Volume 76, Issue 4, pages 856–868, July 2005
How to Cite
Feldman, H. M., Dale, P. S., Campbell, T. F., Colborn, D. K., Kurs-Lasky, M., Rockette, H. E. and Paradise, J. L. (2005), Concurrent and Predictive Validity of Parent Reports of Child Language at Ages 2 and 3 Years. Child Development, 76: 856–868. doi: 10.1111/j.1467-8624.2005.00882.x
- Issue published online: 14 JUL 2005
- Article first published online: 14 JUL 2005
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!
Patients and/or caregivers may access this content for use in relation to their own personal healthcare or that of a family member only. Terms and conditions will apply.