This research was supported by a grant from the National Institute for Child Health and Human Development (R01-HD32336), Susan McHale and Ann Crouter, co-principal investigators. The authors are grateful to their collaborators: Christina Chhin, Aryn Dotterer, Melissa Fortner, Heather Helms, Kristen Johnston, Marni Kan, Ji-Yeon Kim, Mary Maguire Klute, Jaime Marks, Ashleigh May, Carolyn Ransford, Lilly Shanahan, Cindy Shearer, Corinna Jenkins Tucker, Kim Updegraff, Shawn Whiteman, and Megan Winchell and to the dedicated families who participated in the research.
How Do Parents Learn About Adolescents' Experiences? Implications for Parental Knowledge and Adolescent Risky Behavior
Version of Record online: 14 JUL 2005
Volume 76, Issue 4, pages 869–882, July 2005
How to Cite
Crouter, A. C., Bumpus, M. F., Davis, K. D. and McHale, S. M. (2005), How Do Parents Learn About Adolescents' Experiences? Implications for Parental Knowledge and Adolescent Risky Behavior. Child Development, 76: 869–882. doi: 10.1111/j.1467-8624.2005.00883.x
- Issue online: 14 JUL 2005
- Version of Record online: 14 JUL 2005
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!
Patients and/or caregivers may access this content for use in relation to their own personal healthcare or that of a family member only. Terms and conditions will apply.