This research was supported by a grant from the National Institute of Mental Health (R01-MH61285) to Seth Pollak. Shira Vardi was supported by a University of Wisconsin Hilldale Undergraduate Research Fellowship. We gratefully acknowledge the technical support provided by Dirk Wilker, Jerry Bialzik, Greg Kant, and Andrew Mulder. We also appreciate the assistance of Ari Neulight, Sarah Pluck, and the many research assistants who aided in the collection of these data. This research would not have been possible without the collaboration of Robert Lee, Ami Orlin, and Judy Bordson of Child Protective Services, Wisconsin Department of Health and Human Services. Finally, we are indebted to the families and children who generously gave their time to collaborate in this research. A preliminary report of these data was presented at the Biennial Meeting of the Society for Research in Child Development, Tampa, FL (April, 2003).
Physically Abused Children's Regulation of Attention in Response to Hostility
Version of Record online: 8 SEP 2005
Volume 76, Issue 5, pages 968–977, September/October 2005
How to Cite
Pollak, S. D., Vardi, S., Putzer Bechner, A. M. and Curtin, J. J. (2005), Physically Abused Children's Regulation of Attention in Response to Hostility. Child Development, 76: 968–977. doi: 10.1111/j.1467-8624.2005.00890.x
- Issue online: 8 SEP 2005
- Version of Record online: 8 SEP 2005
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!
Patients and/or caregivers may access this content for use in relation to their own personal healthcare or that of a family member only. Terms and conditions will apply.