This research was supported by grants from the National Institutes of Mental Health to Nancy Eisenberg and Richard Fabes or Tracy Spinrad and a Research Scientist Award from the National Institutes of Mental Health to Nancy Eisenberg. The authors wish to thank the many students who assisted in this study, the parents and children involved, the principals and teachers in the Tempe, Kyrene, Mesa, and Scottsdale, Gilbert, and other Phoenix-area School Districts, and the undergraduates who assisted in data collection.
Relations Among Positive Parenting, Children's Effortful Control, and Externalizing Problems: A Three-Wave Longitudinal Study
Article first published online: 8 SEP 2005
Volume 76, Issue 5, pages 1055–1071, September/October 2005
How to Cite
Eisenberg, N., Zhou, Q., Spinrad, T. L., Valiente, C., Fabes, R. A. and Liew, J. (2005), Relations Among Positive Parenting, Children's Effortful Control, and Externalizing Problems: A Three-Wave Longitudinal Study. Child Development, 76: 1055–1071. doi: 10.1111/j.1467-8624.2005.00897.x
This study is part of a longitudinal study. Several papers have been published on the first two assessments (see ).
- Issue published online: 8 SEP 2005
- Article first published online: 8 SEP 2005
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!
Patients and/or caregivers may access this content for use in relation to their own personal healthcare or that of a family member only. Terms and conditions will apply.