The authors wish to thank Jenny Saffran for helpful comments on an earlier version of this manuscript. We also appreciate the assistance of Anna Bechner and Andrew Goodman in the collection of these data, and gratefully acknowledge Martha Alibali and Alexander Shackman for discussions regarding the analysis of these data. These experiments would not be possible without the participation of many children and their families, for whose collaboration we are extremely appreciative. This research was supported by grants from the National Institute of Mental Health to Seth Pollak (MH61285, MH68858). Jessica Shackman was also supported by a National Institutes of Mental Health Training Program in Emotion Research (MH18931), and a University of Wisconsin Graduate Fellowship.
Experiential Influences on Multimodal Perception of Emotion
Article first published online: 8 SEP 2005
Volume 76, Issue 5, pages 1116–1126, September/October 2005
How to Cite
Shackman, J. E. and Pollak, S. D. (2005), Experiential Influences on Multimodal Perception of Emotion. Child Development, 76: 1116–1126. doi: 10.1111/j.1467-8624.2005.00901.x
- Issue published online: 8 SEP 2005
- Article first published online: 8 SEP 2005
Options for accessing this content:
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!