Portions of this data were presented at the 26th Annual Meeting of the Cognitive Science Society.
Promoting Transfer: Effects of Self-Explanation and Direct Instruction
Version of Record online: 6 FEB 2006
Volume 77, Issue 1, pages 1–15, January/February 2006
How to Cite
Rittle-Johnson, B. (2006), Promoting Transfer: Effects of Self-Explanation and Direct Instruction. Child Development, 77: 1–15. doi: 10.1111/j.1467-8624.2006.00852.x
This research was supported by a small research grant from Peabody College, Vanderbilt University.
A special thanks to the staff, teachers and children at St. Edward School for participating in this research project. I am grateful to Jon Tapp for programming the computer task, to Jennifer Behnke and Gayathri Narasimham for collecting the data and coding explanation quality, to Kathryn Swygart, Betsy Thomas and Stephanie Crisafulli for help entering and coding the data, to Joshua Johnson for help conducting and interpreting the multiple imputations, and to Warren Lampert and David Cordray for general statistical help. Martha Alibali, Megan Saylor and Jon Star provided valuable suggestions for improving the manuscript.
- Issue online: 6 FEB 2006
- Version of Record online: 6 FEB 2006
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!
Patients and/or caregivers may access this content for use in relation to their own personal healthcare or that of a family member only. Terms and conditions will apply.