Many thanks to the children and their parents for their cooperation. We thank Elena Rossi and Kristin Liebal for help with testing the children and Susanne Mauritz, Hanna Petschauer, and the keepers at the Leipzig Zoo for help with testing the chimpanzees. Thanks also to Anja Gampe and Petra Jahn for assistance in coding and to Daniel Stahl for statistical advice. We are grateful to three anonymous reviewers for their comments. These studies were conducted at the Max Planck Institute for Evolutionary Anthropology and the Wolfgang Köhler Primate Research Center in Leipzig, Germany.
Cooperative Activities in Young Children and Chimpanzees
Version of Record online: 9 MAY 2006
Volume 77, Issue 3, pages 640–663, May/June 2006
How to Cite
Warneken, F., Chen, F. and Tomasello, M. (2006), Cooperative Activities in Young Children and Chimpanzees. Child Development, 77: 640–663. doi: 10.1111/j.1467-8624.2006.00895.x
- Issue online: 9 MAY 2006
- Version of Record online: 9 MAY 2006
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!
Patients and/or caregivers may access this content for use in relation to their own personal healthcare or that of a family member only. Terms and conditions will apply.