The data reported in this paper were collected by the first author, under the supervision of the second author, as part of the requirements for the master of arts degree in psychology. This work was supported by funds from the Debra Lobliner Fellowship. The authors wish to thank all of the children, staff, and parents associated with the participating classrooms. The authors are especially grateful to Sandra Briley, Marisol Cedillo, and Linda Karslake of the University of Texas Child Care Center and Virginia Braden, Julie Hasselmeier, Angi Nance, Brittany Podsim, and Terri Tafoya-Diaz of the Hyde Park Baptist Child Development Center for their assistance with the project.
Preschool Children's Attention to Environmental Messages About Groups: Social Categorization and the Origins of Intergroup Bias
Article first published online: 25 JUL 2006
Volume 77, Issue 4, pages 847–860, July/August 2006
How to Cite
Patterson, M. M. and Bigler, R. S. (2006), Preschool Children's Attention to Environmental Messages About Groups: Social Categorization and the Origins of Intergroup Bias. Child Development, 77: 847–860. doi: 10.1111/j.1467-8624.2006.00906.x
- Issue published online: 25 JUL 2006
- Article first published online: 25 JUL 2006
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!
Patients and/or caregivers may access this content for use in relation to their own personal healthcare or that of a family member only. Terms and conditions will apply.