The data reported in this paper were collected by the first author, under the supervision of the second author, as part of the requirements for the master of arts degree in psychology. This work was supported by funds from the Debra Lobliner Fellowship. The authors wish to thank all of the children, staff, and parents associated with the participating classrooms. The authors are especially grateful to Sandra Briley, Marisol Cedillo, and Linda Karslake of the University of Texas Child Care Center and Virginia Braden, Julie Hasselmeier, Angi Nance, Brittany Podsim, and Terri Tafoya-Diaz of the Hyde Park Baptist Child Development Center for their assistance with the project.
Preschool Children's Attention to Environmental Messages About Groups: Social Categorization and the Origins of Intergroup Bias
Article first published online: 25 JUL 2006
Volume 77, Issue 4, pages 847–860, July/August 2006
How to Cite
Patterson, M. M. and Bigler, R. S. (2006), Preschool Children's Attention to Environmental Messages About Groups: Social Categorization and the Origins of Intergroup Bias. Child Development, 77: 847–860. doi: 10.1111/j.1467-8624.2006.00906.x
- Issue published online: 25 JUL 2006
- Article first published online: 25 JUL 2006
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
If your institution is a registered Wiley Online Library customer, you can log in under your institution's name to see our content. This access is provided by Shibboleth or Athens.
Type your institution's name in the box below. If your institution is a Wiley customer, it will appear in the list of suggested institutions.
Please note that there are currently a number of duplicate entries in the list of institutions. We are actively working on fixing this issue and apologize for any inconvenience caused.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!
Patients and/or caregivers may access this content for use in relation to their own personal healthcare or that of a family member only. Terms and conditions will apply.