This work was supported in part by grants (awarded to both authors) from the Society for the Psychological Study of Social Issues and from the Yale University Faculty Fund. We extend our gratitude to Annie Fairlie, Daryn David, Victoria Brescoll, Allison Master, and Gregory Walton for their assistance with data collection, to Patti Brzustoski, Allison Master, and Nancy Apfel for helpful comments on earlier drafts, and to the adolescents and their families who participated in this project. We are also indebted to Blair Jarvis for helping to program the computer protocol used in the study presented here.
Peer Contagion of Aggression and Health Risk Behavior Among Adolescent Males: An Experimental Investigation of Effects on Public Conduct and Private Attitudes
Article first published online: 25 JUL 2006
Volume 77, Issue 4, pages 967–983, July/August 2006
How to Cite
Cohen, G. L. and Prinstein, M. J. (2006), Peer Contagion of Aggression and Health Risk Behavior Among Adolescent Males: An Experimental Investigation of Effects on Public Conduct and Private Attitudes. Child Development, 77: 967–983. doi: 10.1111/j.1467-8624.2006.00913.x
- Issue published online: 25 JUL 2006
- Article first published online: 25 JUL 2006
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!
Patients and/or caregivers may access this content for use in relation to their own personal healthcare or that of a family member only. Terms and conditions will apply.