This work was supported in part by grants from the National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism–R37 AA07065 to R.A.Z. and H.E.F. and R01 AA12217 to R.A.Z. and J.T.N. We are indebted to all participating families for their willingness to engage in the study. We are grateful to Susan Refior, Director of Field Operations in the Michigan Longitudinal Study, for her commitment and skill in maintaining this study's viability over a long time. We thank Linda Muthen, Bengt Muthen, the MPLUS technical support team, and King Yuen Yik for coming up with creative ideas to test our hypotheses.
Behavioral Control and Resiliency in the Onset of Alcohol and Illicit Drug Use: A Prospective Study From Preschool to Adolescence
Version of Record online: 25 JUL 2006
Volume 77, Issue 4, pages 1016–1033, July/August 2006
How to Cite
Wong, M. M., Nigg, J. T., Zucker, R. A., Puttler, L. I., Fitzgerald, H. E., Jester, J. M., Glass, J. M. and Adams, K. (2006), Behavioral Control and Resiliency in the Onset of Alcohol and Illicit Drug Use: A Prospective Study From Preschool to Adolescence. Child Development, 77: 1016–1033. doi: 10.1111/j.1467-8624.2006.00916.x
- Issue online: 25 JUL 2006
- Version of Record online: 25 JUL 2006
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!
Patients and/or caregivers may access this content for use in relation to their own personal healthcare or that of a family member only. Terms and conditions will apply.