Data collection for portions of this project was funded by a National Institute of Mental Health Grant (NIMH 5 R01 MH 061967-03) awarded to the third author. The first author was supported as a postdoctoral fellow with a National Science Foundation Grant (NSF SES-0409492) during the preparation of this article. The second author was also supported as a postdoctoral fellow with a National Institute of Mental Health Postdoctoral Training Grant (NIMH T32 MH 067555). We would like to acknowledge Tabbye Chavous, the RILS project, and the African American Family Project for assistance with and utilization of their data sources. We also thank the MIBI group for their feedback during the preparation of this article.
African American Racial Identity Across the Lifespan: Identity Status, Identity Content, and Depressive Symptoms
Article first published online: 25 SEP 2006
Volume 77, Issue 5, pages 1504–1517, September/October 2006
How to Cite
Yip, T., Seaton, E. K. and Sellers, R. M. (2006), African American Racial Identity Across the Lifespan: Identity Status, Identity Content, and Depressive Symptoms. Child Development, 77: 1504–1517. doi: 10.1111/j.1467-8624.2006.00950.x
- Issue published online: 25 SEP 2006
- Article first published online: 25 SEP 2006
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!
Patients and/or caregivers may access this content for use in relation to their own personal healthcare or that of a family member only. Terms and conditions will apply.