This work was supported by an Economic and Social Research Council U.K. Grant (R000239112) and by a European Commission Grant 514562 (NEST). We are very grateful to the parents and infants who participated in these studies. We are also deeply indebted to Hoben Thomas for the time he has taken in sharing his expertise using finite mixture models, Michael Thomas for numerous discussions, and Agnes Volein for helping to collect the data.
Flexible and Context-Dependent Categorization by Eighteen-Month-Olds
Article first published online: 28 FEB 2007
Volume 78, Issue 1, pages 19–37, January/February 2007
How to Cite
Mareschal, D. and Tan, S. H. (2007), Flexible and Context-Dependent Categorization by Eighteen-Month-Olds. Child Development, 78: 19–37. doi: 10.1111/j.1467-8624.2007.00983.x
- Issue published online: 28 FEB 2007
- Article first published online: 28 FEB 2007
Options for accessing this content:
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!
Patients and/or caregivers may access this content for use in relation to their own personal healthcare or that of a family member only. Terms and conditions will apply.