This research was funded by NIH Grant DC02872 “Language and Theory of Mind in Deaf Children” to Smith College, the University of Colorado, Boulder, and Boston University. We are grateful to all the consultants and research assistants who made the study possible: Ben Bahan from Boston University and Gallaudet University; Elaine Gale, Jenny Lin, Sarah Hafer, and Gene Mirus from the University of Colorado in Boulder; Marcia Unger, Lana Cook, Patrick Costello, and Marie Philip from Boston University; and Jennifer Friedman, Roberta Giordano, and Jennie Pyers from Smith College. We would like to thank the schools, families, and children for participating in this study, especially given the amount of time and testing we needed.
Language and Theory of Mind: A Study of Deaf Children
Version of Record online: 23 MAR 2007
Volume 78, Issue 2, pages 376–396, March/April 2007
How to Cite
Schick, B., De Villiers, P., De Villiers, J. and Hoffmeister, R. (2007), Language and Theory of Mind: A Study of Deaf Children. Child Development, 78: 376–396. doi: 10.1111/j.1467-8624.2007.01004.x
- Issue online: 23 MAR 2007
- Version of Record online: 23 MAR 2007
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!
Patients and/or caregivers may access this content for use in relation to their own personal healthcare or that of a family member only. Terms and conditions will apply.