This article is adapted from a doctoral dissertation by the first author submitted to the Division of Graduate Studies of Arizona State University. This research was supported by an American Psychological Association Dissertation Award and an Arizona State University Graduate and Professional Student Association Research Grant Award to Qing Zhou, and a grant from the National Institute of Mental Health to Nancy Eisenberg. The authors wish to thank all the children, parents, and teachers who participated or contributed to this project. We thank Irwin Sandler for his helpful suggestions on this project and the graduate students at Beijing Normal University who assisted in the study.
Relations of Parenting and Temperament to Chinese Children’s Experience of Negative Life Events, Coping Efficacy, and Externalizing Problems
Article first published online: 16 MAY 2008
© 2008, Copyright the Author(s); Journal Compilation © 2008, Society for Research in Child Development, Inc.
Volume 79, Issue 3, pages 493–513, May/June 2008
How to Cite
Zhou, Q., Wang, Y., Deng, X., Eisenberg, N., Wolchik, S. A. and Tein, J.-Y. (2008), Relations of Parenting and Temperament to Chinese Children’s Experience of Negative Life Events, Coping Efficacy, and Externalizing Problems. Child Development, 79: 493–513. doi: 10.1111/j.1467-8624.2008.01139.x
- Issue published online: 16 MAY 2008
- Article first published online: 16 MAY 2008
Options for accessing this content:
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!