The authors gratefully acknowledge the National Institute for Early Education Research, the Pew Charitable Trusts, and the Foundation for Child Development for their support of the SWEEP Study, and the U.S. Department of Education for its support of the Multi-State Study of Pre-Kindergarten. However, the contents do not necessarily represent the positions or policies of the funding agencies, and endorsement by these agencies should not be assumed. The authors are grateful for the help of the many children, parents, teachers, administrators, and field staff who participated in these studies.
Measures of Classroom Quality in Prekindergarten and Children’s Development of Academic, Language, and Social Skills
Article first published online: 16 MAY 2008
© 2008, Copyright the Author(s); Journal Compilation © 2008, Society for Research in Child Development, Inc.
Volume 79, Issue 3, pages 732–749, May/June 2008
How to Cite
Mashburn, A. J., Pianta, R. C., Hamre, B. K., Downer, J. T., Barbarin, O. A., Bryant, D., Burchinal, M., Early, D. M. and Howes, C. (2008), Measures of Classroom Quality in Prekindergarten and Children’s Development of Academic, Language, and Social Skills. Child Development, 79: 732–749. doi: 10.1111/j.1467-8624.2008.01154.x
- Issue published online: 16 MAY 2008
- Article first published online: 16 MAY 2008
Options for accessing this content:
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!
Patients and/or caregivers may access this content for use in relation to their own personal healthcare or that of a family member only. Terms and conditions will apply.