This research was supported by the National Institute of Child Health and Human Development Grant HD-36043 to the second author. The first author was supported by funding from the Michigan Prevention Research Training Grant (National Institutes of Health Grant T32 MH63057-03). We are grateful to the parents, teachers, and children of Lakewood Elementary School, Little Folks Corner, the Ann Arbor YMCA Early Childhood Center, and Concord Preschool for participating in this research, as well as to Korie Zink, Erica Ranade, and Kristin Garrison for their assistance with data collection. We also thank three anonymous reviewers who gave helpful feedback on prior drafts and whose suggestions motivated the design of Study 4.
Categories Influence Predictions About Individual Consistency
Article first published online: 15 SEP 2008
© 2008, Copyright the Author(s); Journal Compilation © 2008, Society for Research in Child Development, Inc.
Volume 79, Issue 5, pages 1270–1287, September/October 2008
How to Cite
Rhodes, M. and Gelman, S. A. (2008), Categories Influence Predictions About Individual Consistency. Child Development, 79: 1270–1287. doi: 10.1111/j.1467-8624.2008.01188.x
- Issue published online: 15 SEP 2008
- Article first published online: 15 SEP 2008
Options for accessing this content:
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!