The research reported here was supported by a grant from the Nuffield Foundation (SGS/00735/G). We would like to thank all the schools, teachers, and children who participated in this research. We would also like to thank Martyn Barrett, Margaret Harris, Carol Levine, Katy Marcus, Ned Palmer, Kathy Rastle, Harriet Tenenbaum, Dawn Watling, Donald Wells, and five reviewers for feedback on earlier drafts of this article.
The Influence of Race and Gender on Children’s Conversations and Playmate Choices
Article first published online: 15 SEP 2008
© 2008, Copyright the Author(s); Journal Compilation © 2008, Society for Research in Child Development, Inc.
Volume 79, Issue 5, pages 1329–1343, September/October 2008
How to Cite
Leman, P. J. and Lam, V. L. (2008), The Influence of Race and Gender on Children’s Conversations and Playmate Choices. Child Development, 79: 1329–1343. doi: 10.1111/j.1467-8624.2008.01191.x
- Issue published online: 15 SEP 2008
- Article first published online: 15 SEP 2008
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!
Patients and/or caregivers may access this content for use in relation to their own personal healthcare or that of a family member only. Terms and conditions will apply.