This research was supported by a National Institutes of Health Grant RD37-HD023922 to Frank Keil. We thank the staff, parents, and students at Robert Healy Elementary School, The Barstow School, Oak Hill Elementary School, and Walter Derynoski Elementary. Special thanks to Patricia Balbas for testing the children, and to Woo-kyoung Ahn, Lance Rips, and two anonymous reviewers for their helpful comments on earlier versions of the manuscript.
Where Is the Essence? Developmental Shifts in Children’s Beliefs About Internal Features
Article first published online: 15 SEP 2008
© 2008, Copyright the Author(s); Journal Compilation © 2008, Society for Research in Child Development, Inc.
Volume 79, Issue 5, pages 1344–1356, September/October 2008
How to Cite
Newman, G. E. and Keil, F. C. (2008), Where Is the Essence? Developmental Shifts in Children’s Beliefs About Internal Features. Child Development, 79: 1344–1356. doi: 10.1111/j.1467-8624.2008.01192.x
- Issue published online: 15 SEP 2008
- Article first published online: 15 SEP 2008
Options for accessing this content:
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!
Patients and/or caregivers may access this content for use in relation to their own personal healthcare or that of a family member only. Terms and conditions will apply.