This research was supported by a Fulbright scholarship to S.T. We are grateful to the children and staff of the Brighton School District in Michigan for their kind cooperation. We also thank Marcel van Aken, Roy Baumeister, Keith Campbell, and Bram Orobio de Castro for their valuable comments on an earlier version of this article.
Trumping Shame by Blasts of Noise: Narcissism, Self-Esteem, Shame, and Aggression in Young Adolescents
Article first published online: 18 NOV 2008
© 2008, Copyright the Author(s); Journal Compilation © 2008, Society for Research in Child Development, Inc.
Volume 79, Issue 6, pages 1792–1801, November/December 2008
How to Cite
Thomaes, S., Bushman, B. J., Stegge, H. and Olthof, T. (2008), Trumping Shame by Blasts of Noise: Narcissism, Self-Esteem, Shame, and Aggression in Young Adolescents. Child Development, 79: 1792–1801. doi: 10.1111/j.1467-8624.2008.01226.x
- Issue published online: 18 NOV 2008
- Article first published online: 18 NOV 2008
Options for accessing this content:
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!