This research was supported by National Institutes of Health HD 28730 to the second author and National Science Foundation BCS 0445871 to the first author. We are grateful to the infants and caretakers who participated in this study. We are also indebted to Irena Braun, Christy Call, and Marina Chernov for their assistance in developing stimuli and running subjects and to Tom Piccin for software design and analysis (Piccin, Braun, & Waxman, 2007).
A Horse of a Different Color: Specifying With Precision Infants’ Mappings of Novel Nouns and Adjectives
Version of Record online: 5 FEB 2009
© 2009, Copyright the Author(s); Journal Compilation © 2009, Society for Research in Child Development, Inc.
Volume 80, Issue 1, pages 15–22, January/February 2009
How to Cite
Booth, A. E. and Waxman, S. R. (2009), A Horse of a Different Color: Specifying With Precision Infants’ Mappings of Novel Nouns and Adjectives. Child Development, 80: 15–22. doi: 10.1111/j.1467-8624.2008.01242.x
- Issue online: 5 FEB 2009
- Version of Record online: 5 FEB 2009
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!
Patients and/or caregivers may access this content for use in relation to their own personal healthcare or that of a family member only. Terms and conditions will apply.