Nicole Campione-Barr is now at the Department of Psychological Sciences, University of Missouri–Columbia, and Aaron Metzger is now at the Institute for Health Research and Policy, University of Illinois at Chicago.
Adolescents’ and Parents’ Evaluations of Helping Versus Fulfilling Personal Desires in Family Situations
Article first published online: 5 FEB 2009
© 2009, Copyright the Author(s); Journal Compilation © 2009, Society for Research in Child Development, Inc.
Volume 80, Issue 1, pages 280–294, January/February 2009
How to Cite
Smetana, J. G., Tasopoulos-Chan, M., Gettman, D. C., Villalobos, M., Campione-Barr, N. and Metzger, A. (2009), Adolescents’ and Parents’ Evaluations of Helping Versus Fulfilling Personal Desires in Family Situations. Child Development, 80: 280–294. doi: 10.1111/j.1467-8624.2008.01259.x
We wish to thank the Rush Henrietta School District (and especially Dr. Ken Hilton) and the participating families for their cooperation with this research. We are also grateful to our undergraduate research assistants for their help with family visits and data entry. We thank the Fetzer Institute and the Institute for Unlimited Love for their support of this project.
- Issue published online: 5 FEB 2009
- Article first published online: 5 FEB 2009
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!