This research was supported by a grant from the William T. Grant Foundation. We thank the adult leaders and youth of the programs we studied for sharing their experiences with us. All names of programs, youth, and adult leaders in this article are pseudonyms. Small inconsequential changes were made in the descriptions of some youth’s activities to preserve their anonymity. We also thank Donald Tyler for contributions to the analyses for the article.
How Adolescents Come to See Themselves as More Responsible Through Participation in Youth Programs
Version of Record online: 5 FEB 2009
© 2009, Copyright the Author(s); Journal Compilation © 2009, Society for Research in Child Development, Inc.
Volume 80, Issue 1, pages 295–309, January/February 2009
How to Cite
Wood, D., Larson, R. W. and Brown, J. R. (2009), How Adolescents Come to See Themselves as More Responsible Through Participation in Youth Programs. Child Development, 80: 295–309. doi: 10.1111/j.1467-8624.2008.01260.x
- Issue online: 5 FEB 2009
- Version of Record online: 5 FEB 2009
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!
Patients and/or caregivers may access this content for use in relation to their own personal healthcare or that of a family member only. Terms and conditions will apply.