This research was supported by a Ph.D. fellowship of the Deutsche Forschungsgemeinschaft (GRK 622; International Research Training Group “Conflict and Cooperation Between Social Groups”) and a Post-Doc Fellowship (PTDC/PSI/71271/2006) from the Fundação para a Ciência e a Tecnologia held by the first author. Thanks are extended to the children, teachers, and principals of the Sperberschule, the Grundschule St. Leonhard, and the Ludwig-Uhland-Schule for participating. We thank Christopher Cohrs and Fátima Salgueiro for methodological advice and Natascha de Hoog, Philipp Jugert, and two anonymous reviewers for helpful comments on earlier drafts of this paper.
Direct and Extended Friendship Effects on Minority and Majority Children’s Interethnic Attitudes: A Longitudinal Study
Article first published online: 29 APR 2009
© 2009, Copyright the Author(s). Journal Compilation © 2009, Society for Research in Child Development, Inc.
Volume 80, Issue 2, pages 377–390, March/April 2009
How to Cite
Feddes, A. R., Noack, P. and Rutland, A. (2009), Direct and Extended Friendship Effects on Minority and Majority Children’s Interethnic Attitudes: A Longitudinal Study. Child Development, 80: 377–390. doi: 10.1111/j.1467-8624.2009.01266.x
- Issue published online: 29 APR 2009
- Article first published online: 29 APR 2009
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!
Patients and/or caregivers may access this content for use in relation to their own personal healthcare or that of a family member only. Terms and conditions will apply.