This research was supported by grants from the National Institute of Mental Health (NIMH 5 R01 MH061967-03), the National Center on Minority Health and Health Disparities, and the National Science Foundation. We thank the African American Family Project for their help with data collection and we gratefully acknowledge the assistance of Shelly Harrell.
A Longitudinal Examination of Racial Identity and Racial Discrimination Among African American Adolescents
Article first published online: 29 APR 2009
© 2009, Copyright the Author(s). Journal Compilation © 2009, Society for Research in Child Development, Inc.
Volume 80, Issue 2, pages 406–417, March/April 2009
How to Cite
Seaton, E. K., Yip, T. and Sellers, R. M. (2009), A Longitudinal Examination of Racial Identity and Racial Discrimination Among African American Adolescents. Child Development, 80: 406–417. doi: 10.1111/j.1467-8624.2009.01268.x
- Issue published online: 29 APR 2009
- Article first published online: 29 APR 2009
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!
Patients and/or caregivers may access this content for use in relation to their own personal healthcare or that of a family member only. Terms and conditions will apply.