This research was funded by National Institute of Child Health and Human Development (NICHD) grants to JRS (R01HD37466) and JFH (F32-HD557032), and by a core grant to the Waisman Center from NICHD (P30HD03352). We would like to thank Katharine Graf Estes and three anonymous referees for helpful suggestions on a previous version of this manuscript. We would also like to thank Diana Dovorany, Jessica Hersh, Natalie Gordon, Jenna Louwagie, and Jessica Rich for their assistance in conducting this research. Last but not least, we express gratitude to the families who generously contributed their time.
Statistical Learning in a Natural Language by 8-Month-Old Infants
Article first published online: 15 MAY 2009
© 2009, Copyright the Author(s). Journal Compilation © 2009, Society for Research in Child Development, Inc.
Volume 80, Issue 3, pages 674–685, May/June 2009
How to Cite
Pelucchi, B., Hay, J. F. and Saffran, J. R. (2009), Statistical Learning in a Natural Language by 8-Month-Old Infants. Child Development, 80: 674–685. doi: 10.1111/j.1467-8624.2009.01290.x
- Issue published online: 15 MAY 2009
- Article first published online: 15 MAY 2009
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!
Patients and/or caregivers may access this content for use in relation to their own personal healthcare or that of a family member only. Terms and conditions will apply.