This research was supported by National Institute of Mental Health Grant R01 MH57505. We are grateful to the children who participated in this research. We thank Scott Litwack, Molly McDonald, and Haimei Wang for their help in collecting and managing the data. We appreciate the constructive comments on an earlier version of this article provided by Karen Rudolph and members of the Center for Parent–Child Studies.
American and Chinese Early Adolescents’ Inclusion of Their Relationships With Their Parents in Their Self-Construals
Article first published online: 15 MAY 2009
© 2009, Copyright the Author(s). Journal Compilation © 2009, Society for Research in Child Development, Inc.
Volume 80, Issue 3, pages 792–807, May/June 2009
How to Cite
Pomerantz, E. M., Qin, L., Wang, Q. and Chen, H. (2009), American and Chinese Early Adolescents’ Inclusion of Their Relationships With Their Parents in Their Self-Construals. Child Development, 80: 792–807. doi: 10.1111/j.1467-8624.2009.01298.x
- Issue published online: 15 MAY 2009
- Article first published online: 15 MAY 2009
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!
Patients and/or caregivers may access this content for use in relation to their own personal healthcare or that of a family member only. Terms and conditions will apply.