Tiffany A. Pempek is now at Otterbein College in Westerville, OH. Lauren A. Murphy is now at Portland State University, Portland, OR. Marie Evans Schmidt is now at the Center on Media and Child Health, Children’s Hospital, Boston, MA.
The Impact of Background Television on Parent–Child Interaction
Article first published online: 14 SEP 2009
© 2009, Copyright the Author(s). Journal Compilation © 2009, Society for Research in Child Development, Inc.
Volume 80, Issue 5, pages 1350–1359, September/October 2009
How to Cite
Kirkorian, H. L., Pempek, T. A., Murphy, L. A., Schmidt, M. E. and Anderson, D. R. (2009), The Impact of Background Television on Parent–Child Interaction. Child Development, 80: 1350–1359. doi: 10.1111/j.1467-8624.2009.01337.x
Aspects of this research were presented at the meetings of the Society for Research in Child Development and the International Communication Association. This research was supported by grants from the National Science Foundation (BCS-0111811, BCS-0519197). Findings and opinions expressed in this manuscript do not reflect endorsement by the National Science Foundation. We wish to acknowledge the helpful comments of Elizabeth Harvey and Erica Scharrer. We also thank the videotape coders for this project: Kesina Gray, Brittany Hutton, Alexis Lauricella, Angie Naniot, and Sarah Rudolv.
- Issue published online: 14 SEP 2009
- Article first published online: 14 SEP 2009
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!
Patients and/or caregivers may access this content for use in relation to their own personal healthcare or that of a family member only. Terms and conditions will apply.