We would like to acknowledge the children, their parents, and the teachers of Musashino Higashi Gakuen. We thank Yura Kunihira and Hironori Akechi and the other staff for their assistance in data collection and the members of Hasegawa Lab for their support and the helpful discussions. We also thank the models of the photographs in Experiment 1. This study was supported by the Japan Society for the Promotion of Science (JSPS), 21st Century COE Program J05, “Center for Evolutionary Cognitive Sciences at the University of Tokyo,” and JSPS KAKENHI (16330192). A.S. was also supported by the ESRC Research Fellowship (RES-063-27-0207).
Faces Do Not Capture Special Attention in Children With Autism Spectrum Disorder: A Change Blindness Study
Article first published online: 14 SEP 2009
© 2009, Copyright the Author(s). Journal Compilation © 2009, Society for Research in Child Development, Inc.
Volume 80, Issue 5, pages 1421–1433, September/October 2009
How to Cite
Kikuchi, Y., Senju, A., Tojo, Y., Osanai, H. and Hasegawa, T. (2009), Faces Do Not Capture Special Attention in Children With Autism Spectrum Disorder: A Change Blindness Study. Child Development, 80: 1421–1433. doi: 10.1111/j.1467-8624.2009.01342.x
- Issue published online: 14 SEP 2009
- Article first published online: 14 SEP 2009
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!
Patients and/or caregivers may access this content for use in relation to their own personal healthcare or that of a family member only. Terms and conditions will apply.