This research was funded by Grant R01-MH57938 from the National Institute of Mental Health awarded to Maryse H. Richards. The authors acknowledge the contributions of the project directors, Cathy Flynn, and Phil Hammack, and the students, school administrators, teachers, and parents who volunteered their time to participate in this research.
The Effects of Changes in Racial Identity and Self-Esteem on Changes in African American Adolescents’ Mental Health
Version of Record online: 12 NOV 2009
© 2009, Copyright the Author(s). Journal Compilation © 2009, Society for Research in Child Development, Inc.
Volume 80, Issue 6, pages 1660–1675, November/December 2009
How to Cite
Mandara, J., Gaylord-Harden, N. K., Richards, M. H. and Ragsdale, B. L. (2009), The Effects of Changes in Racial Identity and Self-Esteem on Changes in African American Adolescents’ Mental Health. Child Development, 80: 1660–1675. doi: 10.1111/j.1467-8624.2009.01360.x
- Issue online: 12 NOV 2009
- Version of Record online: 12 NOV 2009
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!
Patients and/or caregivers may access this content for use in relation to their own personal healthcare or that of a family member only. Terms and conditions will apply.