The research described in this article was supported by grants from the Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council of Canada and the Fonds Québécois de Recherche sur la Société et la Culture to the first author. We gratefully acknowledge Marie-Pier Nadeau-Noël, Émilie Rochette, Natasha Ballen, Isabelle Demers, Jessica Laranjo, Célia Matte-Gagné, Stéphanie Bordeleau and several other students for help with data collection, as well as Geneviève A. Mageau, George M. Tarabulsy and Chantal Mongeau for substantial intellectual contributions. Special thanks go to the participating families of the Grandir Ensemble project who generously opened their homes to us.
From External Regulation to Self-Regulation: Early Parenting Precursors of Young Children’s Executive Functioning
Article first published online: 4 FEB 2010
© 2010, Copyright the Author(s). Journal Compilation © 2010, Society for Research in Child Development, Inc.
Volume 81, Issue 1, pages 326–339, January/February 2010
How to Cite
Bernier, A., Carlson, S. M. and Whipple, N. (2010), From External Regulation to Self-Regulation: Early Parenting Precursors of Young Children’s Executive Functioning. Child Development, 81: 326–339. doi: 10.1111/j.1467-8624.2009.01397.x
- Issue published online: 4 FEB 2010
- Article first published online: 4 FEB 2010
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!
Patients and/or caregivers may access this content for use in relation to their own personal healthcare or that of a family member only. Terms and conditions will apply.