Funding was provided by the Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council of Canada (NSERC), the Centre for Research in Language, Mind and Brain, and the Fonds québécois de recherche sur la société et la culture to A. V.; by the James S. McDonnell Foundation and 21st Century grants to M. D. H.; by NSERC, the Canada Research Chair Program, and the James S. McDonnell Foundation to J. F. W., and by an NSERC Undergraduate Summer Research Award to A. M. M. D. H.’s research was also funded by gifts from J. Epstein and S. Shuman. We thank Erin Moon, Marisa Cruickshank, and Vivian Pan for help with data collection. For comments on earlier versions of the manuscript, we thank Steven Pinker and especially Gary Marcus. We are especially grateful to participating parents and infants.
The Tuning of Human Neonates’ Preference for Speech
Article first published online: 24 MAR 2010
© 2010, Copyright the Author(s). Journal Compilation © 2010, Society for Research in Child Development, Inc.
Volume 81, Issue 2, pages 517–527, March/April 2010
How to Cite
Vouloumanos, A., Hauser, M. D., Werker, J. F. and Martin, A. (2010), The Tuning of Human Neonates’ Preference for Speech. Child Development, 81: 517–527. doi: 10.1111/j.1467-8624.2009.01412.x
- Issue published online: 24 MAR 2010
- Article first published online: 24 MAR 2010
Options for accessing this content:
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!
Patients and/or caregivers may access this content for use in relation to their own personal healthcare or that of a family member only. Terms and conditions will apply.