This research was supported by a grant to Heather J. Bachman and Elizabeth Votruba-Drzal from the National Institute of Child Health and Human Development (NICHD; 1RO3HD056019-01A1). This study was conducted by the NICHD Early Child Care Research Network supported by NICHD through a cooperative agreement that calls for scientific collaboration between the grantees and the NICHD staff. An earlier version of this article was presented at the 2009 SRCD Conference. We would like to thank our discussant, Eric Dearing, as well as the anonymous referees for their comments. The content is solely the responsibility of the authors and does not necessarily reflect the views of the NICHD. We would also like to thank Roli Mohan, Stephanie Davis, and Carolina Maldonado-Carreño for their assistance with data management. A special thanks is also extended to the children and families who participated in the NICHD Study of Early Child Care and Youth Development.
Parent Involvement and Children’s Academic and Social Development in Elementary School
Version of Record online: 13 MAY 2010
© 2010, Copyright the Author(s). Journal Compilation © 2010, Society for Research in Child Development, Inc.
Volume 81, Issue 3, pages 988–1005, May/June 2010
How to Cite
El Nokali, N. E., Bachman, H. J. and Votruba-Drzal, E. (2010), Parent Involvement and Children’s Academic and Social Development in Elementary School. Child Development, 81: 988–1005. doi: 10.1111/j.1467-8624.2010.01447.x
- Issue online: 13 MAY 2010
- Version of Record online: 13 MAY 2010
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!
Patients and/or caregivers may access this content for use in relation to their own personal healthcare or that of a family member only. Terms and conditions will apply.