The data of this study were collected in the context of a cooperative humanitarian project of the Zonal Department of Education Vallikamam, the Shantiham counseling center, the German Technical Cooperation (GTZ), and the nongovernmental organization vivo. We are grateful to all children, teachers, counselors, and staff members in Sri Lanka who took part in the studies. The research conducted in these studies was supported by the DFG (Deutsche Forschungsgemeinschaft), “Ein Herz für Kinder” foundation, and vivo. The authors would like to thank Mahendran Kohila and Nadja Jacob for their special contribution to training of local counselors and supervision of data collection. In addition, we would like to thank Daya Somasundaram and Sundaram Divakalala from GTZ for supporting the research in Sri Lanka with their continuous professional and logistical input. Authors declare they have no conflict of interest. The corresponding author had full access to all of the data in the study and takes responsibility for the integrity of the data and the accuracy of the data analysis.
Tsunami, War, and Cumulative Risk in the Lives of Sri Lankan Schoolchildren
Article first published online: 15 JUL 2010
© 2010, Copyright the Author(s). Journal Compilation © 2010, Society for Research in Child Development, Inc.
Volume 81, Issue 4, pages 1176–1191, July/August 2010
How to Cite
Catani, C., Gewirtz, A. H., Wieling, E., Schauer, E., Elbert, T. and Neuner, F. (2010), Tsunami, War, and Cumulative Risk in the Lives of Sri Lankan Schoolchildren. Child Development, 81: 1176–1191. doi: 10.1111/j.1467-8624.2010.01461.x
- Issue published online: 15 JUL 2010
- Article first published online: 15 JUL 2010
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!
Patients and/or caregivers may access this content for use in relation to their own personal healthcare or that of a family member only. Terms and conditions will apply.