The authors thank Mike Polito and Casey Levine-Beard for valuable assistance with data collection, Scott Johnson and Diane Ruble for helpful comments on a previous version of this manuscript, Masumi Iida and Jennifer Krull for valuable statistical advice, and the children and their parents for participating in the study. Portions of these data were presented at the 2007 meeting of the Society for Research in Child Development.
Sex Categorization Among Preschool Children: Increasing Utilization of Sexually Dimorphic Cues
Article first published online: 14 SEP 2010
© 2010 The Authors. Child Development © 2010 Society for Research in Child Development, Inc.
Volume 81, Issue 5, pages 1346–1355, September/October 2010
How to Cite
Johnson, K. L., Lurye, L. E. and Tassinary, L. G. (2010), Sex Categorization Among Preschool Children: Increasing Utilization of Sexually Dimorphic Cues. Child Development, 81: 1346–1355. doi: 10.1111/j.1467-8624.2010.01476.x
- Issue published online: 14 SEP 2010
- Article first published online: 14 SEP 2010
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!
Patients and/or caregivers may access this content for use in relation to their own personal healthcare or that of a family member only. Terms and conditions will apply.