The NCEDL Multi-State and SWEEP Study of Pre-Kindergarten were conducted by a team of researchers, including Oscar A. Barbarin, Donna M. Bryant, Margaret Burchinal, Richard M. Clifford, Diane M. Early, Carollee Howes, and Robert C. Pianta. This study is supported under the Educational Research and Development Center Program, PR/Award R307A60004, as administered by the Institute of Education Sciences, U.S. Department of Education. However, the contents do not necessarily represent the positions or policies of the U.S. Department of Education, and endorsement by the federal government should not be assumed. NCEDL is grateful for the help of the many children, parents, teachers, administrators, and field staff who part of this study.
Children’s Classroom Engagement and School Readiness Gains in Prekindergarten
Article first published online: 14 SEP 2010
© 2010 The Authors. Child Development © 2010 Society for Research in Child Development, Inc.
Volume 81, Issue 5, pages 1534–1549, September/October 2010
How to Cite
Chien, N. C., Howes, C., Burchinal, M., Pianta, R. C., Ritchie, S., Bryant, D. M., Clifford, R. M., Early, D. M. and Barbarin, O. A. (2010), Children’s Classroom Engagement and School Readiness Gains in Prekindergarten. Child Development, 81: 1534–1549. doi: 10.1111/j.1467-8624.2010.01490.x
- Issue published online: 14 SEP 2010
- Article first published online: 14 SEP 2010
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
If your institution is a registered Wiley Online Library customer, you can log in under your institution's name to see our content. This access is provided by Shibboleth or Athens.
Type your institution's name in the box below. If your institution is a Wiley customer, it will appear in the list of suggested institutions.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!